Hand scraped bamboo flooring is a type of bamboo flooring that has a scraped texture on it, and that helps give it a naturally rough but interesting look. The work involved in creating hand scraped bamboo flooring is much higher than that in producing the regular bamboo flooring. This is because each piece of flooring is manually produced, where scraping tools are used to create the scraped effect and a give it a rough texture. This means each piece of hand scraped bamboo flooring is not uniform, but unique in appearance, with its own character and individuality. This gives it a special exotic appeal that is not available in the various other flooring types.
We make the scrapes and curves on strand woven bamboo and solid bamboo, in the moment, hand scraped on strand woven bamboo is more popular because of its unique color and durability. Strand woven bamboo is durable and high density than solid bamboo.
Hand scraped bamboo flooring benefits:
- Any additional scratches on this hand scraped bamboo flooring will go unnoticed, because it has been scrapped.
- It has the ability to gel well with any type of interior design and architecture. Because of the special way in which it has been produced, the visual appeal it provides can blend in with all types of designing techniques and styles. In fact, it gives the necessary warmth to an interior space, thereby giving the entire space a more homely feel.
- This flooring is also very strong, because of the way in which it has been produced. The staining or varnishing procedure makes it further durable. This means, it can be used in areas where there is a lot of movement, and where the after effects of the excessive movement can be concealed or go unnoticed. As such, places such as restaurants, or small stores can easily have this flooring without worrying much about its maintenance.
- It is also a very eco-friendly type of flooring, having been derived from nature itself. It is as durable as hardwood flooring, but does not involve the cutting of any trees, as it is a grass, which makes it more eco-friendly.
- The cost factor involved in hand scraped bamboo flooring is not very high. However, it is expensive than regular strand woven bamboo flooring because a lot of manual work are involved in. With a little higher price, you can get a very special flooring which nobody has it, except you. In this way, cost is not a big issue.
Hand Scraped Bamboo Flooring Dimensions:
- 1850 x 142 x 14 mm
Hardness: 3000 per Janka scale
Glue: Dynea, European 1 standard
Finish: Satin Aluminum Oxide enhanced UV-cured urethane with anti-scratch top coat
Installation: Nail or Glue-down ( floating is NOT recommended )
All bamboo flooring is characterized by:
- Lowest formaldehyde in the industry ( 0.0127 ppm for standard bamboo flooring, 0.02 ppm for strand woven bamboo flooring )
- Use of only sustainably harvested 5-8 year old bamboo
- Milled with the finest German and Italian equipment for greatest consistency
- All bamboo floors available unfinished or prefinished
- 25-year non-delamination warranty
- 5-year "wear through" warranty on Aluminum Oxide finished bamboo flooring
Hand Scraped Bamboo Flooring Used
- House, Hotel, School, Office, Apartment, Restaurant